Some recent musings. Hoping to clarify our position and clear up misunderstandings.
1. Eating a meat-only diet (referred to as Zero Carb or ZC) will not cure everything. We have never stated that. In fact, if we did state that, we would open ourselves up to lawsuits. Keep this in mind.
2. Eliminating carbohydrates and eating only meat IS the single best thing you can do for your overall health. We absolutely stand behind this statement.
3. Expecting miracles in a few days or weeks is unrealistic. Many people do experience immediate relief from troublesome symptoms, such as gastric distress, insomnia, fatigue, etc., but many others do not.
Most obese and overweight people will lose weight. If you have multiple health issues, it’s possible that you won’t see rapid weight loss at first.
We ask you to try this for 30 days. Not because you will be thin and healthy and disease-free in 30 days, but because the vast majority of people can’t set aside their familiar foods and habits for that long. If you make it 30 days, we are certain you can make it 90 days. If you make it 90 days, you absolutely can make 6 months.
If you make it 6 months, zero carb will become your default. You may fall away for a time and succumb to the siren song of something new or better, but you will return to a meat-only diet. (And….see point #2.)
You WILL see improvements in 30 days and in 6 months. Blood sugar levels will stabilize. Inflammation and related pain will be reduced. Skin issues will begin to clear up.
4. Some things may take a year. Or two years. Don’t give up on yourself.
5. You will still experience the normal trials of life in the modern world. You might fall and break your arm. You might be in a car accident. You might develop cancer or arthritis or heart disease. You might get the flu or a staph infection. You might need surgery.
You might suffer from depression. You will have emotional ups and downs and you WILL experience stress.
6. Refer to point #1. If you were hoping that ZC would protect y
ou from ALL of these ailments, you are mistaken. Life still happens.
You might not ever lose all your excess weight. You might still need medications or treatments for illnesses or accidents or disease.
The metabolic damage from decades of a poor diet may not be fully reversed.
7. See point #2 again! We still choose to be zero carb even if there are symptoms that don’t fully disappear. Going back to carbs will NEVER bring the monumental healing that eating only meat will grant.
Surgery? Eat meat to recover quickly. Follow all physical therapy recommendations and prepare for healing.
Flu? Rest and yes, have some broth. (It is for sick people, after all.)
Depressed or anxious? Hormonal imbalances? Adrenal/chronic fatigue? Chronic pain? Alcoholism, other addictions?
Eat lots of meat, otherwise follow physician’s recommendations, (don’t suddenly take yourself off of prescription medications, please!) get lots of sunshine and fresh air (even though you won’t feel like it), go to a therapist, find a support group, take up a new hobby or sport, read books, connect with old friends, learn a foreign language, and oh yeah, eat lots of meat. Learn about your condition – read everything you can find.
8. In other words, use common sense. And eat a lot of meat.
ZC might not fix your entire life, but it will greatly improve it in multiple areas. I would rather be ZC through all the challenges than seek temporary comfort in carbs.
9. Be warned: you may find yourself healed from issues that you thought were permanent. Or how about free from cravings and mental “noise?” Is that possible? Yes! Free from obsessions and compulsions that you thought were mental or emotional? Also quite possible.
Calmer. More stable. Definitely more fertile and, um, a revived interest in intimacy.
You may find yourself in a new relationship, a new career, a new location – or all of these! You might even find yourself the admin of a Facebook group!
Be prepared for a changed life!
Learn more about the Zero Carb Diet in our Facebook Group.