We refer to the early days of this plan as an adaptation period.
Many people experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Headaches (these will likely be worse if you are also giving up caffeine and/or artificial sweeteners.)
- Fatigue, lightheadedness
- Some people report an increase in energy levels
- Nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, reduced bowel movements
Continue reading “What can I expect during the early days of eating Zero Carb?”
What about poop? I think I’m constipated! Does anyone else have diarrhea?
This seems to be one of our most frequent questions! People love to talk about poop, apparently.
- You do not need fiber if you are not eating carbohydrates. We recommend reading Fiber Menace, by Konstantin Monastyrsky for further information. It will change all you thought you knew about fiber and its role in our bodies.
Continue reading “What about Fiber on an All Meat Diet?”
What can I eat?
Optimal foods include:
- Meat! Beef, veal, pork, chicken, duck, turkey, fish, shellfish, lamb, etc. Organ meat if you enjoy it, liver, kidneys, and such like. Bacon, of course!
- Eggs; as many as you like. Yolks are delicious and good for you.
Continue reading “What can I eat on a Zero Carb Carnivore Diet?”
THE ZERO-CARB DIET
Based on Robs conversations with Bear Stanley.
There is no benefit whatsoever from such a low fat/high carb diet, it is nutritionally deficient, body destructive and unwise. Humans are carnivores. Mixed diets are very unhealthy. People are not omnivores like pigs and rats, and lack the equipment for such a diet. We have a wide ranging ability to tolerate a large number of edibles, but this is a survival asset, not a directive to eat that way if you have a free choice of nutrients. Continue reading “The Zero Carb Diet – by Rob”
This is the Zero Carb Health information site. All you ever wanted to know about the Zero Carb Carnivore Diet, from folks who have been eating this way for 10+ years. For comments and discussion about a Zero Carb Diet. Please join us carnivores in our Zero Carb Health Facebook Group or Zeroing In On Health Group.