- We have read the literature on ketones, ketosis, and keto diets. Many of our members were successful on these types of diets. There certainly is evidence that ketogenic diets can be beneficial in improving health.
- Eating only meat also provides health benefits and we consider it a simpler method, with no testing or measuring or aiming for a certain ratio of fats to proteins.
- Our emphasis is on eating meat. We don’t eat protein or fat – we just eat meat.
- It is likely that you may be in ketosis as you adapt to this way of eating. Most people eating only meat will stop showing any measurable ketones as they adapt, and yet they are still losing weight and are feeling fantastic. So why bother measuring?
- If you find it helpful to measure ketones in the beginning, by all means, record your progress.
- Understand that we don’t find it necessary to aim for a certain number, and those of us who have been on a zero carb diet for longer than 6 months don’t worry at all about ketosis.
- Search the site and links (below) for more scientific information on ketosis.
For questions and comments about a Zero Carb Diet please visit us at our Facebook Group!